Mark works with the owners of S-corporations, C-corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and individuals with complex tax or financial situations. He works with a wide range of businesses, small and large, including real estate, construction, law firms, medical practices, and retail operations, to name a few. Income tax planning for optimal results is central to the business consulting Mark offers.
After earning his Master of Accountancy from Miami University, Mark began his career with the international firm Deloitte & Touche, and then continued on with a large local accounting firm in Lexington, Kentucky, after which he was a CFO for a group of companies in southeast Kentucky. Enderle & Romans, PLLC employs a group of dedicated professionals offering tax, forensic work, and a variety of other business assistance services.
Mark is a trusted advisor to many business owners, and with his near 30 years of experience, offers advice that business owners seek. He has been involved in many business purchase and sale transactions, including advising on structuring for optimal tax results.
Mark is certified in financial forensics, and does a significant amount of work in the business fraud area including fraud prevention, detection and response. He has served as a consultant, an expert witness, and auditor on numerous cases involving fraud allegations.
Mark has been a court-appointed receiver and trustee for businesses and individuals. He has also served as a campaign treasurer for both city and statewide races.
Mark served as an adjunct instructor of accounting at the University of Kentucky, Lexington Community College for thirteen years, and later for six years at Kentucky Community and Technical College System and other local community colleges. In all, he was an adjunct instructor for 23 years. He is a frequent presenter to business groups on a variety of accounting and taxation topics.
Education and Certifications
- Master of Accountancy (Taxation); Miami University, 1989
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting); Ohio University, 1988
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 1991
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), 2010
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services Section
- Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Significant Recent Professional Education
- 2017 AICPA National Tax Conference (Washington, DC) (annual participant for 10 years)
- 2017 CCH S Corporation, Partnership and LLC Tax Planning Forums (annual participant for 20 years)
Civic and Community Involvement
Mark has served as Treasurer of numerous nonprofit boards over the last 22 years in Lexington, most recently the Living Arts and Science Center and Hospital Hospitality House of Lexington.