An all too frequent occurrence business owners face is embezzlement by employees, by vendors, or others. When these problems arise, they need good advice, and Mark consults on these situations. Many times a business owner just wants to explore options on how they can put deterrents in place. Or, the business owner wants someone experienced to come in and take a look. Mark and his team are well-versed in handling these situations. If the problems are more involved, he can advise on those cases as well.
Mark has uncovered numerous embezzlements during his career. Frequently, his client has already uncovered what appears to be a theft or fraudulent transaction, has already retained an attorney, and needs a forensic accountant to confirm their findings. Mark has served as a consultant, an expert witness, and an auditor on numerous cases involving accounting issues, damage assessments, allegations of fraud, and operational issues. His work included preparing expert reports, defense of those reports at deposition, many which involved trial testimony. He can provide a complete list of these cases to your attorney.
Mark is currently involved in four active cases. He was the testifying expert witness on a case currently under review by the Kentucky Supreme Court.
Mark has been a court-appointed receiver and trustee for businesses and individuals.
Significant Recent Forensic Education
- 2016 AICPA National Forensic and Valuation Conference
Education and Certifications
- Master of Accountancy; Miami University, 1989
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting); Ohio University, 1988
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 1991
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), 2010
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services Section
- Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
p: (859) 254-4428 – Direct Line